It is this belief in a power larger than myself and other than myself which allows me to venture into the unknown and even the unknowable.
- Maya Angelou-

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Unspoken

While it is implacably inexplicable
How I feel inside today
Or yesterday or sometime before
When we first met,
It is evidently so, that I find a reason to smile
At every mention of your name, or even so,
A thought that may lead to the idea of you…
That the unseen string that reinforces the
Seemingly strong connection between us
Perceive to me the necessity of your presence
Such that when I look into those beautiful eyes,
Watching as the white of your teeth flash to me
Your impeccably glistening smile
Which spreads your smooth and shiny black skin
With lines of warm twinkles
Twinkles that reflect my eyes to yours
And yours to mine,
The world inside my mind is holstered upon cloud eleven
Where, as I lay down upon its cushiony surface,
Flashes of images;
Beautiful images of you,
Span through my mind, my conscious
And sub-conscious,
Turning into dreams of the reality which I,
Upon the unspoken existence of unmistakable liking,
Wish I would have with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment